- I don’t care if you - individually - wear makeup
- I don’t think women who wear makeup are “worse” at feminism
- I don’t think women who wear makeup are being duped by the patriarchy
- The makeup industry remains incredibly oppressive (the naming of colors such as Afghan Red by French-founded companies like NARS for instance speaks to a industry-wide trend of Orientalism) no matter how much red lipstick makes me feel like I can take on the world.
- An individual enjoyment of makeup isn’t bad; an unwillingness to allow discussions where the idea of capitalism and oppressive beauty standards might make our relationships with what is beauty, what creates beauty is bad.